Kevin Krueger talks with Dave Rael about identifying what will really help clients and delivering solutions
Kevin Krueger is Founder and Principal Consultant at SolutionWave, a small software development consulting firm in Longmont, Colorado. Kevin's business experience started in the 9th grade when he and business partner started selling computers in rural North Dakota. A few years after graduating from North Dakota State University in Fargo, Kevin moved to Colorado in 2001. Today he specializes in web and mobile development on the Microsoft platform.
- - Dave introduces the show and Kevin Krueger
- - Comfort as the enemy of growth
- - Kevin's definition of value
- - The software professional as "solution provider"
- - The things that "light Kevin up"
- - Kevin's story of failure, lessons of the importance of culture
- - Kevin's greatest success story, finding his niche in consulting
- - How Kevin stays current with what he needs to know
- - Kevin's book recommendations
- - The things that have Kevin most excited about his present and future
- - The virtue of diversity of different types of coders
- - The things about which Kevin likes to geek out
- - Being a worker in the domain of your software and/or observing workers
- - Kevin's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keeping up with Kevin
- - Farewell
Resources:SolutionWave - Kevin's business website
Dan North on the conflict between quality and emotional attachment - the developer's dilemma - particularly addressed at the 19:04 mark
Kevin's book recommendation:
Kevin's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
1. Get to the root of the problem beneath the surface of a request
2. Address and ship the Minimum Viable Product
3. Don't be afraid to be wrong- "strong opinions weakly held"