Udi Dahan talks with Dave Rael about delivering software, scaling organizations, and optimizing output.
Udi Dahan, "The Software Simplist," is one of the world’s foremost experts on Service-Oriented Architecture and Domain-Driven Design and also the creator of NServiceBus, the most popular service bus for .NET.
- - Dave introduces the show and Udi Dahan
- - Udi's definition of value
- - Communicating Delivery
- - Understanding the Real Requirements
- - The things that "light Udi up"
- - Udi's stories of failure, lessons in understanding situations, political reality, and incentives
- - Udi's greatest success stories, hidden rewards of unpaid efforts
- - How Udi stays current with what he needs to know
- - Udi's book recommendations
- - The things that have Udi most excited about his present and future
- - The things about which Udi like to geek out
- - Udi's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keeping up with Udi
- - Farewell
Particular Software - Udi's business and software platform, surrounding and centered on NServiceBus
Udi's book recommendation:
Udi's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
- Focus not on time management, that's optimization of input - Focus instead on optimization of output
- Manage your energy rather than time and perform the right work at the right time
- Optimize your output by taking care of yourself, including your phsycial condition