Last night I made the trip from my home in the Denver area to Ft. Collins to present some of my thoughts and lessons on productivity and the base of what I want to provide this blog and the reasons I created it. The meetup page is here.
I promised to provide a listing of resources for those present (and anyone else who finds this useful).
The outline and core of what I presented is given in this blog post:
These are some of my other blog posts I brought up (mostly linked from the above post as well):
- Nutrition For Your Brain
- Training for the Body <- I’m particularly fond and proud of this post for philosophy of getting the most benefit from the least effort and keeping your objective in mind.
- Todo Lists Suck out Your Soul
- You do not want notifications of new email
- My thoughts on the Pomodoro Technique
These are some of the tools and resources I brought up:
- Google Now (I use mainly for voice commands, including “Note to Self” and Google Maps navigation and trigger it via Headset Button Controller with a long press on my headset button)
- Headset Button Controller (on Android)
- Withings WS-50 Smart Body Analyzer
- Posh Git
- Posh Hg
- Some podcast episodes featuring Steven Kotler talking about flow: