Jo Overline has been a successful iOS app creator for over ten years. He’s built over 30 apps in various categories, and over 30 million downloads under his belt holding the #1 spot in 94 countries. The “Ugly Meter” app was one of his most successful - it even landed him spots on the Howard Stern show on four separate occasions. Jo’s expertise lies not only in technology and development, but in the business aspects of being an independent tech entrepreneur. Since his days as an iOS consultant, he has moved on to found SwingDev, which specializes in web and mobile app development for individuals and companies ranging from startups to the Fortune 500.
- - Dave introduces the show and Jo Overline
- - Jo's business - Swing Dev
- - Connecting with people to enable business advancement
- - How Jo got started in software
- - The things that "light Jo up"
- - Jo's story of failure - underestimating the complexity of game development and delivering an unprofitable game
- - Astronomical notoriety and being featured on the Howard Stern show
- - Jo's success story - building a successful international business
- - Connecting with Jo and Swing Dev for developers
- - Jo's thought on having "made it"
- - How Jo stays current with what he needs to know
- - Jo's book recommendations
- - The things that have Jo most excited
- - Jo's (absence of) causes of pain and suffering
- - The things about which Jo likes to geek out
- - Jo's prediction for the future of software
- - Jo's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keeping up with Jo
Jo's book recommendation:
Jo's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
- Partner with the right people
- Focus on honesty, transparency, and communication
- Don't be a "yes man"