Aaron Olson is an Operations Manager who has been hanging out in the IT distribution industry with a passion for making all things better with software. He had been focused on the hardware side of the industry for 11 years until The Cloud showed up and completely changed how businesses consume IT resources. All was not lost as it became an opportunity for him to start a business which provides cloud-based storage & security services, put more of his programming skills to work and discover his love for entrepreneurship. When he's not working he enjoys spending time with his wife and 19 month old son and they are looking forward to the arrival of their 2nd child who is coming any day now.
- - Dave introduces the show and Aaron Olson
- - Aaron's "pillars of life"
- - Aaron's experiences with health issues and tracking to become a "quantified self"
- - How Aaron learned to automate things and ultimately to write software
- - The things that "light Aaron up"
- - Aaron's story of getting into software development by taking initiative to make an inefficient operation work better via automation
- - Aaron's current life as an entrepreneur and the course of the business he's operating
- - Aaron's story of failure - a deficiency of collaborative software development effort
- - Aaron's success story - getting to a position of financial sustainability with a business self-built and knowing it all started with automation
- - How Aaron stays current with what he needs to know
- - Aaron's book recommendations
- - The things that have Aaron most excited
- - Aaron's causes of pain and suffering
- - Aaron's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keep up with Aaron
Aaron's book recommendation:
Aaron's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
- Have trackable goals
- Don't be afraid to put yourself out there