TJ VanToll is a front-end developer, author, and a senior developer advocate for Telerik. TJ has over a decade of web development experience, including a few years working on the jQuery team. Nowadays, he spends his time helping web developers build mobile apps through projects like Cordova and NativeScript. TJ is @tjvantoll on Twitter and tjvantoll on GitHub.
- - Dave introduces the show and TJ VanToll
- - TJ's experience with remote work
- - TJ and his role as "Developer Advocate"
- - TJ's definition of value
- - The things that "light TJ up"
- - TJ's story of failure - Seemingly inconsequential patch breaking core application, deploying and leaving the building, tangled dependencies
- - TJ's success story - becoming an open source contributor on jQuery UI
- - TJ's path from making a contribution to jQuery UI to becoming a member of the jQuery team and how teams can encourage community members
- - How TJ stays current with what he needs to know
- - TJ's book recommendations
- - The things that have TJ most excited
- - TJ's greatest sources of pain
- - TJ's prediction for the future of software
- - The things about which TJ likes to geek out
- - TJ's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keeping up with TJ
TJ's book recommendation:
TJ's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
- Have a side project
- Take a break