Daniel Marbach is a Solution Architect at Particular Software Ltd and the CEO of Tracelight GmbH in Switzerland. His experience spreads from client and server development to building distributed systems. Daniel has extensive knowledge in the .NET ecosystem including NoSQL databases, asynchronous programming, open-source software development and much more. He is a Microsoft MVP for Integration, a frequent speaker, coach and passionate blog writer. Daniel co-founded the .NET Usergroup Central Switzerland and continues his journey of software development with passion. Quote: Evolvable and maintainable architecture is not created in an ivory tower. It is a result of continuous improvements of targeted pragmatism and cooperation in a team with a common vision.
- - Dave introduces the show and Daniel Marbach
- - Daniels community and open source activities
- - Daniel's emphasis on taking care of himself
- - The things that "light Daniel up"
- - The motivation for founding a user group
- - Daniel's definition of value and emphasis on getting a return on the investment of your lifetime
- - How Daniel got started in software
- - Daniel's story of failure - misunderstanding of infrastructure and potential loss of information
- - Daniel's stories of success - improving a brownfield project burdened with technical debt to the point of restoring velocity, working with an awesome team
- - Working in a globally distributed organization
- - How Daniel stays current with what he needs to know
- - Daniel's book recommendations
- - The things about which Daniel is most excited
- - The greatest sources of pain in Daniel's life and work
- - The things about which Daniel likes to geek out apart from software
- - Daniel's prediction for the future of software
- - Daniel's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keeping up with Daniel
- Daniel's Blog
- Particular Software
- The Particular Software Blog (featuring content from Daniel)
- Udi Dahan
- No more yes. It's either HELL YEAH! or no - Derek Sivers
Daniel's book recommendations:
- 12 Essential Skills for Software Architects - Dave Hendricksen
- Fearless Change: Patterns for Introducing New Ideas - Mary Lynn Manns Ph.D., Linda Rising Ph.D.
Daniel's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
1. Recognize that everyone has potential, particularly that you have potential.
2. Surround yourself with people that bring you forward.
3. If you achieve something, share it with you friends and coworkers and family.