Llewellyn Falco is an Agile Technical Coach specializing in Legacy Code and Test Driven Development. He is the creator of the open source testing tool ApprovalTests( www.approvaltests.com ), co-founder of TeachingKidsPrograming ( www.teachingkidsprogramming.org ) and a Pluralsight author.
- - Dave Introduces the show and Llewellyn Falco
- - Llewellyn's diverse set of points of origin
- - Llewellyn's affinity for and methods of teaching - especially test driven development with children
- - Llewellyn's unique approach of pair programming - "strong-style pairing"
- - The origin of strong-style pairing
- - Llewellyn's definition of value
- - The balance of success - within you and outside of you
- - How Llewellyn got started in software
- - The things that "light Llewellyn up"
- - The appeal of Test-Driven Development
- - Llewellyn's story of failure - building the wrong thing and a lack of explicit agreements
- - Llewellyn's greatest success - adding unanticipated functionality without difficulty - "fit's like it was designed for it"
- - How Llewellyn stays current with what he needs to know
- - Llewellyn's book recommendation
- - Llewellyn's prediction for the future of software
- - Llewellyn's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keeping up with Llewellyn
- Llewellyn's Blog
- Approval Tests
- Woody Zuill on Developer On Fire
- Llewellyn’s strong-style pairing
- Code Complete: A Practical Handbook of Software Construction - Steve McConnell
- The Dance - Tony Arata
- Jonathan Cutrell
- IBM - What makes you special - sliced bread
- Llewellyn on YouTube
Llewellyn's book (and video and podcast) recommendations:
Llewellyn's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
1. Invest in yourself - do something that scares yourself
2. Work with other people - don't work by yourself
3. Ship it