Scott Nimrod is fascinated with software craftsmanship. He has been practicing software development since 2003. He’s a thriving entrepreneur, software consultant, and he blogs. He focuses on native application development and Test Automation. He was born and raised on the mean streets of Cleveland, Ohio and currently resides in Miami Beach, Florida. His blog can be found at Bizmonger.Wordpress.com.
- - Dave introduces the show and Scott Nimrod
- - The craftsman vs the prima donna
- - The impact of race on Scott's career and human interaction
- - Scott's history and origin - dedicated family and motivations, cultural limitations
- - Scott's mentorship story
- - Taking control of your own career - "Never ever ever ever ask another human being for permission for how much money you can make."
- - Scott's story of choosing tech stack, learning, and taking bold action
- - "Perhaps I can seek comfort in recognizing that every end is a new beginning."
- - Scott's greatest success - becoming a guest on .NET Rocks! - inspiration from the success of someone from the same place as Scott
- - The things that have Scott most excited - "addicted to progress"
- - Battling limiting beliefs - demonstration over affirmation
- - Scotts's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Keeping up with Scott
- Scott's Blog
- Scott's Disqus Profile - (Lot's of Podcast and Blog Comments)
- Software Craftsmanship
- Scott On .NET Rocks!
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- "Doc" Norton on Developer On Fire
- Dan Carlin - Common Sense Podcast - Innovation Acceleration and Jab Defense
Scott's top 3 tips for delivering more Value:
- Find out you true capabilities when your back is against a wall - leverage your hunger - push out of your comfort zone
- Always absorb something - always learn
- Recognize that software is a means to an end - focus on the things that are really important