Gabe Hesse talks with Dave Rael about building great teams, being a geek, eradicating the fear of failure,listening, and changing your mind
Gabe Hesse is a life-long nerd with a bunch of interesting professional and non-professional experience building software and leading teams. He's bossy but nice and loves making things. He like pug dogs, craft beers and puns.
- - Dave introduces the show and Gabe Hesse
- - What makes for a really good team?
- - Gabe's definition of value
- - The things that "light Gabe up"
- - The ever-decreasing costs of delivering value via software
- - Gabe's story of failure, lessons in the importance of humility and more importantly, listening
- - Gabe's greatest success story, building superior teams via listening to what is really needed
- - There is also value in having dedicated hack time in addition to business focus
- - How Gabe stays current with what he needs to know
- - Collaborative geek time
- - Gabe's book recommendation
- - The value of marketing your ideas
- - The things that have Gabe most excited about his present and future
- - The things about which Gabe likes to geek out
- - Gabe's top 3 tips for delivering more value
- - Gabe: "The reason I say I'm always right is because I'm not afraid to change my mind."
- - Keeping up with Gabe
- - Farewell
Gabe's book recommendation:
Gabe's top 3 tips for delivering more value:
- Don't be afraid to fail
- Don't be afraid to change your mind